Apartments Near Northwestern State University Louisiana

What if I don't have a Guarantor?

No Guarantor? No Problem,​ The Quad offers Leap as an option! Leap is a quick and easy process that fills in for a guarantor or parent co-signer. Leap’s application is free online and takes around 5 minutes to complete. You will get a conditional decision within 30 minutes during normal business hours. Click ​here​ to apply or contact the office for more information.

How close is The QUAD to campus?

The QUAD is located right across the street from Northwestern State University — only a quick walk to campus.

Where is The QUAD located?

3800 University Parkway
Natchitoches, LA 71457
(318) 357-1300

Is parking available?

Yes. There is a $25 parking permit fee.

What are individual leases?

With individual leases, you are only responsible for your (or your student’s) rent. You aren’t liable for your roommates’ rent at all! Unlike a traditional lease or a joint lease, if your roommate transfers, graduates, or fails to pay their rent, it does not affect you or your lease. College students have enough to worry about. An individual lease is one less thing!

How does roommate matching work?

The QUAD offers free roommate matching to our residents. You won’t have to worry about finding a roommate online or passing out flyers around the entire campus — we’ll do the work for you! All you have to do is simply fill out a questionnaire.

Do I need renters insurance?

Renters insurance is required to move into The QUAD. 

Hassle Free Insurance Waiver Program – Say goodbye to insurance hunting! With our hassle-free Insurance Waiver Program, you can kick back and enjoy more peace of mind for just $15/month! Already have your own policy? No problem! Click here to OPT-OUT at any time.

Why should I get renters insurance?

In our efforts to continue striving to create a safer living environment for your son or daughter, we now require all residents to carry an active renters insurance policy during their lease term. Requiring renters insurance has become a common practice throughout both on- and off-campus student apartments to adequately protect students’ belongings such as textbooks, phones, electronics, and other valuables. Our research has found that most of these items, if damaged or stolen, fall under your homeowner’s deductible, so there is no coverage in place. A renters insurance policy also works to protect you from liability exposure created while your child is away from home such as negligent damage to the apartment, negligent damage to another resident’s property, or even injuries to guests while visiting. Renters insurance provides peace of mind and protection from the unforeseen events that sometimes occur.

Do you have furniture available?

All apartments are furnished. Please contact us for more details.

What is the resident portal?

All of our residents and their guarantors have access to our online resident portal to assist with paying rent and submitting maintenance requests — all just a few clicks away.

How can I arrange to see an apartment?

Please call the leasing office at (318) 357-1300 to set up a visit.

What kind of information will The QUAD need from me to process my rental application?

To complete an application and rental agreement, you will need a state-issued photo ID.

How do I pay my rent?

You may pay your rent with a credit card or a bank account via online payments. Besides online payments, you can also pay in the office or mail a check or money order to:

3800 University Parkway
Natchitoches, Louisiana 71457

For online payments, visit the Residents page and click the Pay Rent button. Please note: You will need to contact the office for your account number for initial setup.

What are the leasing terms?

The QUAD offers a full-year lease that begins on August 1 and ends on July 31. However, please note that move-in occurs in mid-August each year.

What if I want to move in before that?

An early move-in might be possible for an additional fee. Contact the leasing office for more information.

What utility accounts do I need to establish? What is included?

Internet, cable, electricity, water, sewer, and trash are included in your rent. Limitations apply.

What is my mailing address?

Your Name
3800 University Parkway, Your Apartment Number
Natchitoches, LA 71457

Where do I pick up my mail?

Steel mailboxes are located near the main entrance of the clubhouse. Residents are asked to provide a photo ID to pick up their packages in the office. Amazon lockers are coming soon!

How do I connect to the internet?

Each bedroom has an internet port, and you will need to supply your own Ethernet cord. To make your devices wireless, you will need a wireless router.

How do I submit a maintenance request?

You can submit a maintenance request using our automated maintenance request system. Just visit the Residents page and click on the Request Maintenance button.

What do I do if I have a maintenance emergency and it can't wait until morning?

If something is broken in your apartment and requires immediate attention and it is after office hours, please call the maintenance emergency number ASAP and our maintenance staff will be out in a jiffy! Please note that non-emergencies will be billed to the resident for after-hours services, including lockouts. The maintenance emergency number is (318) 357-1300.

Can I paint the walls/attach stuff to them with duct tape?

When you move out, the apartment should look the same way it did when you moved in, minus normal wear and tear. If tape has caused paint to be removed from the walls, you could be charged. You are not allowed to paint or change the color of your walls.

I don't want some piece of furniture that came in the apartment. What should I do with it?

You will need to keep the living room and bedroom furniture that comes with the apartment. You can choose to store it in your unit.

Are we allowed to have pets and are there any fees?

Yes, you are allowed to have pets. There are fees that need to be paid, and all pets must be registered with the office. Some restrictions apply. There is a non-refundable pet fee of $300 and a $30 pet installment per month, per pet. The fee must be paid prior to move-in or stay of pet. Any illegal pets found in apartments will be fined $100 per occurrence. Also, non-pickup of pet waste will result in a $25 fine per occurrence. Pet waste bags are provided.

What happens if I drop out of school or decide to move and need to vacate early? Can I get off the lease?

No. The best solution would be to find someone to take over your lease. You will need to notify the leasing office that you are interested in finding a replacement for your lease, and the staff can provide you with further details for the process. It is the resident’s responsibility to find a replacement.

When I leave, does everything in the apartment need to look exactly the way it did when I moved in?

Except for normal wear and tear, the apartment must be returned to the same condition as it was when you took possession of it. Tape should be removed carefully so as not to peel off the paint.

Are leases for families with children available?

Yes.  The property’s policy is included here for family occupants with a child(ren) under the age of eighteen (18) who is domiciled with (i) at least one parent, legal guardian, or another person having legal custody of the child under the age of eighteen, or (ii) the designee of such parent or other person having such custody, with written permission of such parent or other person.  For family households with children, all household members age eighteen (18) or older must: (A) complete an application, and (B) sign the lease as a Resident.  For family households with children under the age of eighteen (18), at least two (2) people will be permitted to occupy a single bedroom. If a family household with children under the age of eighteen (18) requires additional occupancy per bedroom, additional occupants may be allowed on a case-by-case basis based on factors including, but not limited to, the size of the bedroom(s) and unit, age of the children, configuration of the unit, any physical limitations of the property, and local occupancy codes.  If the child occupant reaches eighteen (18) years of age during the term of the lease, the lease will be allowed to complete its term, but renewal will only be offered in compliance with the occupancy policy as stated. Child occupants who are under twenty-four (24) months at the time the lease is signed will not be counted under the occupancy policy for purposes of maximum occupancy but will be counted for subsequent leases if they reach the age of twenty-four (24) months during the term of the lease.  The Landlord has the right to lease any empty bedroom(s).  Families should contact the office directly regarding the application for family households, as this process varies from individual leasing and the required forms are not all available electronically.